• Tax Professionals


Tax credits can be claimed by individuals (not companies, trusts or partnerships) who:

  • Earned taxable income during the period being claimed for.

  • Were in New Zealand at any time during the tax year (including non-residents).

You may qualify for a tax credit for:

  • Donations made of $5 or more to an approved charity – Claimed up to the lesser of 33.33% of the total donation or 33.33% of your taxable income.

  • Payment of childcare or a housekeeper (with certain criteria to be met). The maximum that can be claimed for childcare and a housekeeper together is $310.00.

For further information regarding tax credits, visit the tax credits section of the IRD website.

If you claimed a donation, childcare or housekeeper tax credit in the prior year, the IRD will automatically send you a Tax Credit Claim Form in April each year. Otherwise, call us to obtain the latest version of the IRD 526 Tax Credit Claim Form.

This is information relates solely to individuals and individual income tax. There are other tax credits which have been introduced. Please contact our office for more information on these.

3 views0 comments

© 2019 Tax Professionals | Proudly created by Media Solutions Kiwi Ltd.